Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Update!

There are apparently only 2 midwives in all of New Orleans.  We had our "initial visit" today and I brought up the wine thing (a couple of posts back, I linked an article on light drinking during pregnancy which supports the theory t's FINE) and unfortunately my midwife believes it to be too risky.  While she may believe that, I know that my poor stomach has had my nose divert me from EVERYTHING except a glass of wine (which I did not drink- I'll be waiting until I'm out of my first trimester).  I trust my body over medical advice, once more.

But the midwives seem alright, otherwise.  I'm sure I could find some crunchier help in California, but you do what you can with what you've got.

Oh, and I got an ultrasound done Monday, and Little One's measuring 5 days older than it should be based on conception.  Please God do not make me deliver a 12 pound baby.

I don't feel very funny tonight.  I feel sad and angry and a little bit ravenous.  I want a chopped salad from my favorite restaurant in LA, and I'm going to cry because I can't have it.  I want to watch the sun set on the beach or behind the mountains.  I want to go on a hike through the woods and go to the observatory and the LA zoo and Malibu and... yeah... I just want to cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment