Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 1, 2010

FOOD!

Okay, okay, I probably have to excuse and explain my absence from here for so long: HYPEREMESIS GRAVIDARUM, kidney stone in each side, and gallbladder polyp.  Good enough explanation?  'Kay, moving on.

I've been feelings so much better (I'm about 18 weeks now) and often I'm actually hungry.  I thought I'd share a few of my favorites here:

CAPRESE SALAD

Sliced tomatoes (my favorite is the kind off the vine)
Fresh mozzarella
Basil leaves
Olive oil
Salt (optional)

Now throw it all together.  Seriously, knock yourself out!

EGG SANDWICH

Two slices of WHOLE WHEAT (respect your nutrition, preggos... so you can binge on chocolate ice cream when a real craving hits) bread
One egg, fried (I like mine over-hard)
A little bit of butter or olive oil on the toast & to cook with

Come on.  You know what to do.

BERRY SMOOTHIE

Frozen berries (I use raspberries, blackberries, blueberries)
No-sugar-added applesauce
Strawberry yogurt
Lemonade

I blend the berries first, adding some lemonade to keep it all moving.  Then the applesauce and yogurt.  Seriously ridiculously delicious!

Okay, um... now I'm going to go stuff my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment