Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Back!

Sorry I've been away for so long!

With baby Gwenna due in less than 4 weeks, and my nurse telling me I'm not going to last that long, nesting has been kicked into high gear.  If you haven't been an expectant mother before, there's no way I can explain to you the madness of pages and pages of to-do's and to-buy's.  To be honest, going natural means a little bit more work during this time.

Except for cleaning- cleaning is pretty dang easy.  I've been using Greenworks and Method for EVERYthing.  A bottle of spray by Greenworks can make solutions for mopping, cleans all sorts of surfaces, and is a kickass glass cleaner.  Method is a little more expensive, but it's really the only decent dish washing stuff I can find... Seventh Generation was crap for the dishwasher.   Of course, I should probably be using my own mixture of baking soda and vinegar.  Tsk tsk- I know.

On the other hand, we have to set up lines for hanging diapers to dry, figure out how to fold the million different types of cloth diapers, figure out how to wash them (and rinse them a trillion times), research ingredients in baby toiletries, research extended breastfeeding and the balanced, organic diet to go along with it.  It's not easy being green!

Some other exciting things I've been working on during this time:

-Hypnobabies: Self-hypnosis for childbirth (and all the aches and pains leading up to it).  Fabulous!

-PR for GGD NOLA: With the new format working out splendidly, it's time to kick it in to high gear in the Big Easy.  Meet & greets with some fabulous mommies and businesses are lined up.

-Brushing up on AP: Becoming Attached, Our Babies, Ourselves, and Parenting From the Inside Out are all good books to review before jumping into mommyhood.

-Praying and Meditating Like Crazy: Dear God, PLEASE do not require me to have a C-section or induction!  I'm terrified of the possibilities!

-Shopping: I don't want to talk about it.

-Eating: I also don't want to talk about this.

Peace & Love,
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment